Assistant Store Manager Floor Manager at Spar Group
Permanent Senior position
Bergvliet, Western Cape
Market Related salary
Job 2188689 | Ref 1112
Posted 09 Feb 2018 by Spar Group
About the Position
Bergvliet SPAR seeks to employ an enthusiastic individual, who is willing to learn and grow with the business. The applicant will report to the Store Manager, but will have direct access to the Store Owner as well.
- Opening and closing the store
THE PERSON MUST SATISFY THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES
- A Matric Certificate;
- Valid driver's license;
- Retail savvy;
- Computer literate
- FMCG experience advantages;
- Passionate person, about life, but especially about his/her job;
- Display a high degree of accuracy, speed and attention to detail;
- Customer satisfaction must be top of mind, being of service should direct actions.
- Able to lead from the front, with integrity and high levels of energy.
- Able to work retail hours
- Able to work weekends
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- ensure general profitability of the department
- manage a professional team
- manage customer requirements and expectations
- manage expenses within budgets
- monitor wastage and develop and implement methods to reduce wastage across departments
- develop and implement shrinkage controls across departments
- manage Stock function
- manage customers and customer relationships
- Evaluate shifts and rosters to optimize staff within budget, limiting use of casuals and overtime on a weekly and monthly basis
- HR Policies & Procedures
- designing and managing promotional programmes
- manage Department targets and profitability of all floor departments
- Managing a team
- pricing and POS
About The Employer
With the 1960's emergence of grocery chains in South Africa, a group of 8 wholesalers was given the exclusive rights to the SPAR name in 1963, to service 500 small retailers.
Our three friendly store formats, which are, SPAR for neighbourhood shopping, SUPERSPAR for one-stop, competitively priced, bulk shopping and KWIKSPAR for every day convenience, cater more than adequately for all your shopping preferences.
SPAR operates under "voluntary trading" principles which means that while we encourage our retailers to take advantage of SPAR's trading power, our retailers can source goods from local traders. That is why each store has its own regional [URL Removed] the SPAR Group Ltd operates 6 distribution centres, supplies goods and services to almost 800 SPAR stores in South Africa. The SPAR Group listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2005.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time